Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Story that Just Won’t Die

I’m talking about my encounter with Epok Quimpo sa Manang’s during my 2nd year in the Ateneo. Now, if you know me, (you most probably do since you’re reading my uber cool blog) you’ve most definitely heard the story AT LEAST once. Because of this and because I already documented the unfortunate incident in a previous post (Check: Mike the Embarassing Man), I won’t go into the story anymore. Instead I’m writing about something related to it.

Like the title states, the story just won’t die. I had dinner with Charles, Tay, Kabo and Darn last Saturday. During the usual boisterous banter that goes on when we get together, Darn brings up the usual story. But this time he added something new to the mythos (mythos ampota, para ng legend to a).

Now Darn is somehow acquainted to another Ateneo Blue Eagle; Magnum Membrere. How close are they you ask? Well, I don’t know (pero di naman cguro sila Broke Backers). Anyways, habang nag uusap si Darn and si Magnum, the story came up (I forgot who brought up the story though). But yung nakakagulat is that alam ni Magnum ung story!!! Apparently kinuwento ni Quimpo sa teammates nya na may mga Atenistang gusto sha I-trade! When I think about Epok Quimpo telling his teammates about the incident, I can’t help but shudder a little. Pucha, isipin nyo naman kung sino teammates nya nung time na yun! Villanueva, Alvarez, Fonacier, Tenorio, Bugia, Membrere… sama mo pa si Chia. Sila yung 2002 UAAP champions boys and girls. According to Membrere, pinagtawanan daw nila sobra si Epok, pero akala nila narinig lang ni Epok un kung saan saan. Chismis kumbaga. Little did they know that two jerks said it to his face! Mwahahahaha!

It’s a good thing Darn set the record straight for Magnum that it was Darn and me who unintentionally hurt the poor guy’s feelings. Sigh… The story has to be accurate dammit! The story will be passed on from 1 generation to another! It is the Legacy I leave to the Ateneo. Valedictorians, Summas, Magnas or whatever, they come and go…

The Epok-for-Cortez Story will on live forever!!! Bwahahahahah!!! Okay… probably not forever. Okay na sakin mga a few more months.

5 comments:

jMe said...

Favorite kwento ko 'to ni Mike. Saka yung chismis namin ni Lassie. Wahahahahaha Ü

Anonymous said...

that story never gets old XD

Anonymous said...

you're dead! so is your fat friend! im gonna rip open ur heads and piss on ur skulls!!!

Fred said...

anu na ba nangyari kay epok? PBL? PBA?

Anonymous said...

@tay
di ata...

dunno, di na ko nanonood ng phil basket ball (unless UAAP)...