Thursday, July 28, 2005

Boys Don't Cry... that Often

No, it’s not what you’re thinking. This is not another song post (to those who don’t know, the title of this post boys don’t cry is a song by the Cure, hence the possible wrong assumption that this post is a song post). What it is is another list. What can I say? It’s a Thursday (no classes for this sixth year ECE student) and I’m bored.

“Boys don’t Cry” is not just a song, it’s also a saying (the kind of thing your dad says to you when your at the grocery rolling around the floor wailing because he won’t get you Nestle Koko Crunch or something). It is a stereotype society imposes on me and my kind (were not supposed to be like girls who stereotypically cry their eyes at every opportunity they get). But the bottom line is, it just ain’t true! Boys DO cry! Not just very often…

So here’s a list of my most memorable or embarrassing moments in my life were I, mike the invincible man cried.

1. Umiyak ako when I was about 7 when I banged a door on my hand.
-Grabe! Umiyak ako dahil grabe talaga ang sakit! Sa Baguio pa kami nakatira no’n. Sobrang bigat nung pinto. Sobra dami dugo. Sabi ng dad ko, narinig daw ang iyak ko hanggang John Hay.

2. Umiyak ako when I was in grade 3. Nalaman ng dad ko na from top1 in class sa isang quarter, naging top 5 the next quarter.
-Shit! Ang nerd ko nung elementary ako. Dyahe (nabawi ko ung top one na un dammit!!)

3. Umiyak ako nung 1st tym ko makipagsapakan (grade four ata, pero di sa skul nangyari).
-Malamang umiyak ako. Talo ako eh (Ang laki ng p***ng ina!!).

4. Umiyak ako nung namatay si Optimus Prime sa Transformers the movie.
-NOOOOO!!! My hero! Si Super Idol! Namatay!! Hindi maaari!!

5. Umiyak ako nung namatay si Yellow 4 sa Bioman.
-Kung yung ibang boys dati, crush nila c Pink 5. Ako crush ko nun si Yellow
4 (ung photographer, hinde ung Indian wannabee). Stupid monster with the tommy gun. Why’d he have to kill her? I cried my eyes out.

6. Umiyak ako when I was about 12. Nasa States kami, uuwi na kami sa Pinas.
-Obvious ba? I didn’t want to go back to the stinkin’ hell hole that is the Philippines.

7. Umiyak ako nung binasted ako nung grade 7
-So what if I was 13?! So what if she was 3 years older then me? It still hurt dammit! Pero di ko ginawa in front of her! I went home, went to my room, locked the door and let the tears roll down. I remember my mom knocking on my door and I went "Leave me alone *sniff* *sniff*!!!). God, sobra pathetic...

8. Umiyak ako nung pinatay c Mel Gibson sa Braveheart
-FREEEDOOOOM!!! Buti nalng madilim sa sinehan.

9. Umiyak ako nung Highschool nung nag bonding kami magkakabarkada.
-To those that don’t know. All boys school ang LSM (highschool ko). Maybe it was the alchohol, o senti lng talaga kaming lahat. Bottom line: Soooo Gay!

10. Umiyak ako when I read these girly novels: A walk to Remember, A Love Story, Beach Music and a Sydney Sheldon book (don’t remember the title).
-What can I say? They pulled on my heart strings. *sniff*. Oh yeah, ung walk to remember, ke Kabo un, di ko pa sinosoli. Malamang si Kabo umiyak din sa book na un.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you girly man. boy really don't cry.

nde ako madali ma senti eh. kahit grad ko or whatever, nde ko man lng na feel na maiyak. i also find it hard to feel weepy while reading books.

and soli mo ba book ko.

Anonymous said...

sinungaling! lahat ng tao umiiyak!!

ur just not being honest with yourself!

sweetness said...

haha, mike!! sooo gay, dude! joke! :D umiyak rin ako nung namatay si yellow 4! :)

xtiane said...

t*ngina!!! iyakin!!! mas macho pa ko sayo e! hehe! ako umiyak nung nagka-appendicitis ako and that was real physical pain men!!!

chanx2 said...

ako iyakin ako nung bata kaya naubos na luha ko. Ngayon umiiyak nlng ako sa mga touching movies and tela nobela. Ay sa mga libro nmn naiiyak din ako dahl nasusuka ako pagnagbabasa. bwahaha crying is a good way to clean ur eyes.

Fred said...

wutta wimp. LOL. Lalo na ung #9 nyahahaha.

Anonymous said...

tae... buburahin ko na tong post na 'to...

baka pagkamalan akong bading...

hehe.