Friday, August 19, 2005

"Tooning" Natalie Portman

I’m supposed to be having my immersion starting today, but if you read my previous post, you know it’s not happening right? Right…

Since I had nothing else better to do today (wasn’t in the mood for much anyways, and the TV shows pretty much sucked), I decided to play around with Adobe photoshop. I’ve been seeing a lot of “cartoonized” pictures on magazine ads and on the internet recently so I’ve been experimenting making a few. My last attempt was totally hideous to say the least. I made Sophia Bush (the cute girl who plays Brooke in One Tree Hill) look like Michael Jackson for crying out loud. This time, I decided to make one using a photo of myself (my grad pic to be precise, don’t ask me why I have one when I haven’t even graduated yet), but I apparently deleted the copy from the PC. So, I decided to use a celebrity photo instead. I saw a cute pic of Natalie Portman in Kabo’s blog and decided to use it instead. Here’s the photo:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Now here’s the photo after I “cartoonized” it:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I think it’s pretty decent, though a lot more improvements can be made, especially the eyes and hair. What do you guys think?

8 comments:

geokker said...

Wht not sketch a likeness and then scan it into your pc? I'd ne more interested to see that. Failing that, ditch Photoshop and try Gimp.

Fred said...

is it just me or is there something wrong with the toon-natalie's lips? O.o

pero good job parin /no1

Anonymous said...

wow! a random blogger!

hmm.. i'll post a scanned drawing (colored in photoshop) one of these days... wat's gimp?

yes... i still have trouble rendering lips, eyes, hair and every facial feature for that matter...

richard said...

wow astig ah, ayusin mo naman ung sakin para maiba naman ung pic ko.. hehehe ung 1st na ginawa parin natin ung naka display sakin eh.. hirap tlga gawin mata pati shadows.. hehehe ayus na pc ko finally yehey

Anonymous said...

cge, ayusin natin

Anonymous said...

GIMP is some shitty freeware program. its popular among the sourceforge/geeky community.

i still don't see why you'd want to ditch photoshop for gimp though... mas malakas photoshop. nag aangas lng si kupal, para kunwari dami sya alam

chanx2 said...

Wow. I am always curious how to do that. One of our classmate in CS did that to Aubrey Miles picture. Hmm maybe you can teach me how!!!

Anonymous said...

kulit ni kabo, nag hahanap ng away!!

Mano mano yan charles. kaya mo yan! ikaw nga hustler sa photoshop diba? :D