Saturday, August 27, 2005

Who I am according to Tarot

Saw this entry on Xtiane's blog about Tarot card readings... Since I'm in school on lovely a Saturday morning and my damn groupmates are already 1 hour late for our meeting I am totally bored. With nothing else to do, I took the blasted test. According to the Tarot gods, I am:



I am The Hanged Man



The Hanged Man reminds us that the best approach to a problem is not always the most obvious. When we most want to force our will on someone, that is when we should release. When we most want to have our own way, that is when we should sacrifice. When we most want to act, that is when we should wait. The irony is that by making these contradictory moves, we find what we are looking for.




What do I say? I think having a Tarot card by the name of "The Hanged Man" is pretty damn cool!! The only problem is the definition pretty much sux!! In no way am I what this Tarot card portrays me to be. So... im again gonna take control of my destiny dammit!! This is my Hanged Man Tarot card:


Mike the Hanged Man




Like the Gods of Norse Mythology, I am great! I am marvelous and spectacular! Yet at the same time, destiny is heavy upon my shoulders... Ragnarok nears and it is inevitable. Godly I may be, but there is nothing that can prevent its coming. There will come a time when I will finally graduate from college and I will have to start working. The days of being a lazy bummeth will thus, come to a conclusion. Yes... Ragnarok is coming. I am screwed.





Now there's a card that defines me!! Ooohh Yeah!!

10 comments:

jMe said...

HahahahahaÜ

Anonymous said...

Ragnarok
'di to ung online game ha (di ako naglalaro nun)! In norse mythology, ragnarok is the end of days, where the gods of asgard lose to the giants. Its coming cannot be prevented.

The word "Ragnarok" is thus commonly used as as a metaphor for some impending doom i.e. me graduating.

Shit... I sound like "Kabo the know it all"

xtiane said...

oh... yuck! ang nerd!

Anonymous said...

sticks and stones may break my bones but words lack the mass or velocity to do harm to my constitution!

frost said...

yup.. definitely a nerd.

pero ok na rin yun. feeling ko hindi alam ni kabo ibig sabihin ng ragnarok e. :) pati siguro mga characters sa ragnarok hindi pa nya alam. hanggang greek lang yun e. haha!

pero asa ka mike. tangin@! ikaw! norse god myth? pota, pati myth hindi ka aabot e! mukha ka lang viking na undernourished! the sissy man!

wahahaha! bakit ang aga mo umalis nung saturday? hindi ka man lang nag-dota...

Anonymous said...

kc ang mga nerd, hindi nag do dota...

nerds like me watch UAAP (ADMU vs UE nun), play basketball or chill at the mall with mah peeps...

Since DOTA is a physically strenuous game, a nerd like me would obviously lack "Mad Dota Skilz" that jocks such as Sevenson have.

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry, did i just step into a different reality where 7 has the gall to question my mythology?

seriously?

7... i can kick your ass in trivia from here until next sunday.

ragnarok is the end of days in norse mythology. it is the day when loki finally escapes from his prison on the rock under the snake and has a showdown with odin.

chanx2 said...

ahh ganun ba yun ive been playing raganrok for 2 yrs pero indi ko lam yun methology behind. Kala ko imbento imbento lng mga servers yun pla characters yun.

jMe said...

Hahahahaha Ü

Alam ko rin yung Ragnarok... asa Sandman yun e, pero mostly I got it from reading Edith Hamilton's Mythology. Stig yun. Nerdok, haha Ü

frost said...

i forgot, kabo read edith hamilton's mythology from cover to cover. i should have asked him what the celtic equivalent of ragnarok was. and who cernunnos is.

inggit ka lang mike, kasi hindi ka makapaglaro ng dota. halos lahat ng tao nagdo-dota na, ikaw na lang hindi. haha! :)

kelan ka pala manlilibre? belated happy bday you fool! :)