Thursday, December 29, 2005

Ultraelectromagneticjam

I’ve been hearing songs from this album everywhere! In school (lagi pinapatugtog sa ctc208), at home on the radio or sa mga mp3s namin (haha, shempre galing pirata para cool. Support OPM my ass!!!)… Pucha, me mga blog posts panga kong nakita na in some way connected sa album na to.

To those of you who’ve been living under a rock for the last month or so, Ultraelectromagneticjam is an album of various artist interpreting songs of the Eraserheads, a sort of tribute so to speak, a tribute to some of the greatest song writers of our generation, a tribute to a band that influenced Filipino pop culture of the mid 90s, a tribute to one of the greatest OPM bands of all time (yeah ryt! Malamang wala na pera E-heads so kelangan nila ng money making scheme!! Can you say “royalties”?!).

Anyhoo… regardless of the motives of its release, the album’s out and that’s that. Being the opinionated guy that I am, this post is about what I think of the album (like you haven’t figured that out already). Bottom line is, there were songs that I liked, songs that I didn’t like and songs that I wish were in the album but weren’t.

Stuff that I Liked
LIGAYA by Kitchie Nadal
“Ilang ahit pa ba ang aahitin? O giliw ko?” Nyahahaha! Ano kaya inaahit nya? Kitchie singing this line is hilarious (but in a good way). Astig din ung “’di namn ako manyakis tulad ng iba”. I guess there’s something about a girl singing “macho lyrics”

OVERDRIVE by Barbie Alamabis
If there’s something about a girl singing macho lyrics, there’s much more of that “something” when a PRETTY girl sings macho lyrics. Haha. Saw her perform the song sa MYX Mo concert on TV… Hay Barbie!!! Ang ganda mo! Kahit lesbo ka, ang ganda mo!!!

HWAG MO NANG ITANONG by MYMP
Even though they sometimes irritate the hell out of me (puro cover lng ginagawa nila e), I have to admit astig ung mga songs nila. Lamig kasi ng boses nung girl eh… Dun sa guy na member ng MYMP, wag mo hiwlayan yang chick na yan (kahit di mashado maganda) kasi sha meal ticket mo!!! Pag wala sha tapos ang career mo!!!

HULING EL BIMBO by Rico J. Puno
The Total Entertainer is in the House!!! Bagay na bagay ke Rico J. yung kanta! Weeeeeee!!! Matapos ko patugtugin ung Panakip Butas, sunod na Kaagad tong song na ‘to. (Seryoso ako ha. Gusto ko talaga tong cover na to)

MALING AKALA by Brownman Revival
Actually, di ko namn talaga gusto tong song na to e. But I don’t hate it; I just don’t like it either. Steady lang. Gusto ko lang sha dahil sobra asar si Tay sa Brownman Revival. Hihihi.

Eto naman ang “Songs I Didn’t Like”
PARE KO by Sponge Cola
Regardless of what other people may say about me, I really don’t like Sponge Cola… AT ALL!!! Tapos they go and do a cover of my fave Eheads song!! Shit.

MAGASIN by Paolo Santos
What business does Paolo Santos have singing Magasin!? He should stick to shit like Moonlight over Paris and Through the fire dammit!!! Paolo Santos…. Puh-lease!!!! If he had to be involved with the project, dapat nag “With a Smile” nalng sha. What next, some Diva wannabee like Sarah Geronimo sing a cover of Tuwing Umuulan at Kapiling Ka!? Wait… ginawa na pala un ni Regine Velasquez… buti nalng di kasama sa album.

Eto naman ang “Songs that I Wished were in the Album but Weren’t” segment
TINDAHAN NI ALING NENA by Parokya ni Edgar
Sobra trip ko rin tong song na to. Sobra nakakatawa, bagay na bagay sana sa Parokya ni Edgar.

JULIE TEAR JERKY by Rivermaya
Wala lang. Tingin ko lang bagay. XD

PARE KO by Barbie Almabis
Like I said, maganda ung cover nya ng Overdrive, pero sana eto nalang kinanta nya!!! Pero dapat di palitan yung lyrics! Yung “putang ina” dapat putang ina parin at ung “nabuburat na” dapat nabuburat parin. Saka syempre yung “in love ako, sa isang kolehiyala” wag din palitan!!! Ooohhh yeah!!! Magiging sobra lezzie ng dating pero sobra Hot un! Sobra Cool sana!

Yung mga ibang songs sa album, ok lang. I didn’t find anything wrong with them but nothing about them caught my attention either.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

PUCHA BROWN MAN REVIVAL?!? Depressing... parang orange and lemons... depressing. *puke*

Add this one to the songs that suck: With a smile, which was sung by South Border I think. South Border ung kumanta ng rainbow d ba? Man, those guys totally suck.

Anyway, Alapaap was pretty ok, but just because the sick cycle mind verson was just pretty much like the Eheads version.

Oooh yeah, Sponge Cola. I like them the same reason you like Brown Man Revival XD In fairness, maganda ung Gemini, despite the cheesy video.

Lastly, Astig kitchie and barbie.. Mas gusto ko barbie though. Mas cute sya haha (and P.S. not lesbian). I don't know if Barbie writes her own material, pero astig lyrics ng mga songs nila. "There's always some distraction, a shiny red balloon that spoils everything" :-"

SPONGE COLA ROCKS!!

Anonymous said...

solb yung kay barbie at kay kitchie. pero pinakasolb ako sa alcohol ng radioactive sago project XD. sana magkaron ng isa pang revival album, na nandun naman bamboo, parokya ni edgar, riveraya, at si barbie ulet. there are so many eheads songs that would sound way cooler when sung by a different artist.

Anonymous said...

@ tay
sabi mo "sick cycle mind"... 6 cycle mind ung tama... or where u making a mockery of the bands name (i.e. Sponge Colangot)? in which case is pretty funny.

ps
oh yeah, SPONGE COLA SUX!!!
ALL HAIL BROWNMAN REVIVAL AND ORANGE AND LEMONS!!!!

@ santi
just heard (and saw) it on mtv kanina, me bagong "revival album" (as u call it) ng mga Eheads songs. Kaya lang c Barbie Almabis lang daw ang gagawa.

Which is fine by me.
Sana me "Pare Ko"!!!

Fred said...

ooops. "sick cycle carousel" pala ung iniisip ko. XD

jMe said...

I actually liked "Tikman" by Sugarfree though. Or baka kase gusto ko lang talaga ang Sugarfree. I hated everything else except "Superproxy" by Francis M, "Spolarium" by Imago, and "Alkohol" I think.

I think one of the biggest reasons I am generally pissed at Ultraelectromagneticjam is because... the songs weren't performed by the Eheads themselves. And besides, I like their songs the way they are already, I don't need some random band of the moment rehashing it to their cheesy beat. Eheads forever!!! Hahaha Ü

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

kelan lalabas yung revivals ni barbie?

Anonymous said...

uh... no idea, basta pag me na da download na ko sa net, lam ko na lumabas na sha... haha

Anonymous said...

jamie, yaw mo Ultraelectromagneticjam!? It has Barbie Almabis in it! ANything with Barbie in it can't go wrong!!

I thought a girl like u from an all girls hi school would understand... hehe ;D

jMe said...

hahaha Ü i'm so sorry to burst your Catholic school girl image bubble mike, but unfortunately hindi ko crush si barbie. she's totally hot, though.Ü